Foundation Industry Leader Award
The CHIME Foundation Industry Leader Award will be presented to an individual who has demonstrated exceptional dedication and made an outstanding contribution to the healthcare IT industry, CHIME, and the CHIME Foundation.
The purpose of the CHIME Foundation Industry Leader Award is to:
- Provide peer and industry recognition for Foundation firm representatives who have demonstrated value through their organization and individual efforts to the healthcare industry and/or the CHIME and CHIME Foundation membership.
- Provide an opportunity for sharing examples of exemplary leadership and integrity within the healthcare IT industry.
- To acknowledge the creative and innovative application of technology and management principals to the furtherance of the healthcare information systems industry, particularly through effective partnerships >with CIOs and their respective healthcare institutions.
- 20+ years of positive, long-lasting impact/influence/involvement within the healthcare IT industry.
- 5+ years of membership and involvement within CHIME and/or the CHIME Foundation.
- Evidence of a career-long performance record of multiple quality achievements as a contributor within the healthcare IT industry.
- Evidence of substantive, measurable impact and/or benefits as a result of this individual’s contributions.
- Written acknowledgment from the organization’s CEO and/or representative of the Board of Directors regarding the individual’s accomplishments.
- At least three letters of support from both CHIME CIO members and fellow CHIME Foundation representatives.
All nominees for the Award must be currently employed at or retired from a CHIME Foundation firm. Nominations for this Award can come from another CHIME Foundation representative, a CHIME member, or an employee from the organization that the CHIME Foundation firm representative works for. Representatives can also nominate themselves for the Award by completing the application form.
ILA recipients, so long as they’re a representative of a current CHIME Foundation firm, receive a registration to both the CHIME Fall CIO Forum and CHIME/HIMSS CIO Forum. Their registration fee will be equal to that of a CHIME CIO and will not count towards their CHIME Foundation firm’s registration allotment. This registration remains valid should the ILA recipient retire, however becomes void when changing employment with a non-CHIME Foundation member.