Federal Public Policy Award for CIO Leadership
This annual award recognizes leadership at the Federal level for a range of activities:
- Demonstrated leadership at the Federal level in educating policy makers on the value of health IT through Congressional letters, Congressional meetings, and/or regulatory comments among other things
- Testifying before Federal workgroups or a Congressional Committee
- Visiting with your Representative, Senator or Congressional staff in DC or in your District
- Providing your feedback on Federal level initiatives
CHIME CIO members who have demonstrated leadership at the Federal level in educating Congress and the Administration on the value of health IT and its role in patient care. Involvement with the PSC, a regulatory comment workgroup, National Health IT Week and providing testimony to Federal-level committees are examples of federal level activity.
Candidates must submit the following documentation:
- A statement that details why the individual deserves this award, including information about the federal public policy and advocacy activities in which the candidate is engaged
- A current CV
Nominations may be submitted by an organization on behalf of a candidate. Self-nominations are welcome as well.
Include a CV with your letter of nomination and email to [email protected].
CHIME Policy Steering Committee (PSC) members will vote on the awardee via email.
As part of the CHIME Advocacy Summit, in Washington, DC.