Innovator of the Year Award
The purpose of the Innovator of the Year Award is to:
- Provide peer recognition for CHIME Members who have demonstrated value to their respective
organization through the creative application of technology in support of their organizations key and
strategic business objective.
- Provide an opportunity for innovative solutions to be openly shared with the CHIME membership for
possible application in other healthcare environments.
- To acknowledge the creative and innovative application of technology in support of some segment of
the healthcare industry (i.e. Provider, Managed Care/Payer, etc.).
This award will be given to a current CHIME member.
- There must be a direct correlation between the IT initiative and accomplishment of a documented organizational objective.
- Achieved benefits from initiative must be quantifiable and sustained.
- Concept must be transportable and have application to other healthcare organizations.
- Accomplishment must have written acknowledgment from the organization’s CEO and or representative of the Board of Directors.
- The IT initiative must have been completed within two years of the submission date for the award.
To be considered for this award, applicants must submit:
- A 5 part Project Description:
Part 1– A description of the IT initiative
Part 2– A listing of the specific, quantifiable benefits obtained from the IT initiative and how this initiative has been sustained at your organization
Part 3– A description of why this project is innovative for your organization
Part 4– An explanation of how this project in linked to your organization’s Strategic Plan
Part 5– A description of how this initiative would be transportable to other healthcare organizations.
- A letter of support from their CEO describing how this innovation has changed the organization.