CHIME Announces Top 10 Most Wired Recipients at CHIME18
Michelle Patterson – VP, Operations
CHIME concluded our first CHIME HealthCare’s Most Wired program on Nov. 2 at CHIME18 with a bang – or more accurately, with a drum roll. Many CIO members from hospitals and health systems that received Most Wired status were in the CHIME18 audience and were invited to stand and be recognized.
“We set the bar high and you met the challenge,” Most Wired Governing Board Chair Bill Spooner said as he presided at the podium. “This is only the start for Most Wired. Under CHIME, we are making Most Wired the standard-bearer for our industry. Each year we will reassess the survey questions to make sure they reflect leading practices and successful, innovative uses of technology. We will reset the threshold each year, too.”
CHIME had notified the top 10 recipients in advance that they were in that elite group and would be named from the stage. But they didn’t know where they fell until their name was called, starting with the No. 10 spot and ending with a drum roll for No. 1. All top 10 recipients attended, with one exception. And the top 10 are:
- Nicklaus Children’s Health System in Miami, Fla.
- Baptist Health South Florida in Coral Gables, Fla.
- Lehigh Valley Hospital in Allentown, Penn.
- Altru Health System in Grand Forks, N.D.
- Avera Health, Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Atrium Health in Charlotte, N.C.
- Sheridan Memorial Hospital in Sheridan, Wyo.
- Cedars-Sinai Health System in Los Angeles, Calif.
- Henry Ford Health System in Detroit, Mich.
- UCLA Health in Los Angeles, Calif.
All recipients were listed in a publication jointly published by CHIME and Modern Healthcare Custom Media. The supplement will also be distributed the Modern Healthcare’s more than 70,000 readers. The supplement is available here. CHIME had released an industry trends report earlier, which is available online here.
Thank you to everyone who participated. You helped make Most Wired a great success. We hope to see you again when the survey opens in early spring of next year.