CHIME to Launch HealthCare’s Most Wired Survey by the End of March
ANN ARBOR, MI, March 5, 2018 – The College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) will open the HealthCare’s Most Wired benchmarking survey for applicants before the end of March, CHIME Board Chair Cletis Earle announced today at the CHIME HIMSS CIO Forum in Las Vegas. The Most Wired program serves as a prominent measure of technology excellence in healthcare, honoring health systems for their outstanding healthcare IT programs.
“We are thrilled to continue Most Wired’s long tradition of celebrating the accomplishments of healthcare organizations that meet the highest standards in heath IT,” said Earle, senior vice president and CIO at Kaleida Health in Buffalo. “We have retained many features that healthcare leaders and their hospitals value, and added changes that will make this great program even greater.”
Among those changes are:
- A realignment of the survey’s timing to mirror health organizations’ data-gathering and reporting schedules
- A revision of the survey to remove antiquated parts, focus on outcomes and expand categories like cybersecurity that are increasingly relevant in today’s healthcare environment
- Naming a Board of Governors with no active CIOs as members to eliminate any perception of a conflict of interest
- Streamlining the application process
- Adding an auditing process so results won’t be based solely on self-reported data
- Adding features to facilitate participation by health organizations outside the U.S.
- Creating a transparent and accessible feedback process for participants
This is the first year CHIME will oversee the survey and recognition program after acquiring HealthCare’s Most Wired from the American Hospital Association last July. Participation is open to all CIOs and qualified health organizations.
“We encourage everyone to participate and join us in making Most Wired a powerful tool that informs best practices around the world,” said Russell Branzell, CHIME president and CEO. “We are grateful to have the opportunity to lead this effort.”
CHIME’s Most Wired team will keep the survey open for at least two months after the launch date. They expect to inform survey participants of the results and provide benchmarking reports by the end of August. CHIME will honor Most Wired recipients on Nov. 2 at the 2018 CHIME Fall CIO Forum in San Diego.
The College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) is an executive organization dedicated to serving chief information officers (CIOs), chief medical information officers (CMIOs), chief nursing information officers (CNIOs) and other senior healthcare IT leaders. With more than 2,500 members in 51 countries and over 150 healthcare IT vendors and professional services firms, CHIME provides a highly interactive, trusted environment enabling senior professional and industry leaders to collaborate; exchange best practices; address professional development needs; and advocate the effective use of information management to improve the health and healthcare in the communities they serve. For more information, please visit chimecentral.org.
Director of Communications and Public Relations, CHIME