CHIME CIO of the Year Award
This award recognizes a CIO who demonstrates significant leadership in healthcare. The award is given for a lifetime of success and achievement as a CIO in the healthcare IT industry. The recipient is selected by the CIO of the year awards committee comprised of past recipients and approved by the Board of Directors of the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME).
The recipient must be a CHIME member with a minimum of five years of membership (cannot be a current CHIME or award judge).
Previous award recipients who have won this award in the past five years are exempt from consideration. Senior leadership from CHIME may not nominate a candidate for the award. Any person meeting the eligibility and required criteria may be nominated. Candidates may also nominate themselves for the award. Only completed applications submitted by the published deadline will be considered. Please refrain from submitting a nomination for someone who fits this criteria.
To be considered for the award, nominees must demonstrate the following:
- Active employment as a CIO at the time of submission of the nomination
- Current membership in good standing with CHIME
- The organization for whom the CIO is employed by is not under regulatory or other review which may prohibit the CIO from accepting the award, if nominated. (Example: The organization is involved in a HIPAA privacy breach investigation by the Office of the Civil Rights that may directly involve practices, policies, or guidelines under the auspices of the CIO.)
- Significant participation in either leadership or organizational activities of CHIME (i.e. Board of Directors, Board Appointed Committee, Fellows Council, etc.)
- Innovative leadership through effective use of technology in support of the strategic initiatives of his/her organization
Additional Eligibility and Requirements
- Representation of the highest standards of leadership in health IT
- Respect and recognition as a role model to peers and the industry
- Advancement of the professional standards embraced by CHIME
- At least one industry designation (CHCIO, FCHIME, ACHE etc.)
To be considered for this award, applicants must submit:
- A completed application using the online nomination form
- A brief biographical sketch that demonstrates why the nominee should be considered for the award (1,000 words or less)
- Resume/curriculum vitae – provide both employment history and notable achievements for each position held
- One letter of recommendation from a CHIME Fellow.