CHIME is responsible to its members, candidates and the profession for ensuring the integrity of the CHIME Certified Healthcare CIO (CHCIO) and CHIME Foundation Certified Healthcare Executive (CFCHE) programs. As part of the application process, all candidates must agree to the CHCIO/CFCHE Professional Standards of Conduct.
An individual awarded the CHCIO or CFCHE credential agrees to conduct himself/herself in an ethical and professional manner. Certified individuals agree to uphold the following professional standards of this program:
- Conduct professional activities with honesty, integrity and respect that reflects well on the program
- Uphold the image of the CHCIO/CFCHE through positive interaction with others
- Be truthful in all communications related to the application and renewal of the credential
- Accurately report time spent on professional development activities
- Do not falsify documents
- Abide by the rules and regulations for taking the examination
- Abide by the eligibility rules and regulations governing the program
- Avoid conflicts of interest
- Do not participate in activities that may degrade the credibility of a peer
- Honor professional confidences
- Do not misrepresent the credential if not eligible for recertification
Individuals found to be in violation of these standards may have their credential revoked and/or renewal denied. Some violations may be considered grounds for revoking CHIME or CHIME Foundation membership. Such cases will be forwarded to the governing committee for further review.