Strategies for developing and operationalizing revenue reconciliation processes
Healthcare revenue cycle teams are responsible for ensuring health systems get paid appropriately for all clinical services they provide. Many organizations are feeling the squeeze, with lower reimbursement rates and increased denials. A well-defined revenue reconciliation program is becoming essential to ensure the accuracy and completeness of charge entry, improved net revenue, and reduction in late charge write-offs.
In this CHIME Focus Group, we will describe our experience developing a revenue reconciliation program and clinical department accountability processes for a large multi-hospital organization. We will also discuss:
– How other organizations are reconciling charges?
– What organizations are doing well?
– Where organizations are struggling in maximizing revenue and reducing potential missed charges?
1. The most effective ways for approaching implementing a revenue reconciliation program.
2. Discuss strategies for including new EHR functionality into revenue reconciliation programs
3. How revenue reconciliation programs fit into organizational structure and culture
Start Date: 12/17/2019
Start Time: 2:00pm
End Time: 3:00pm
Event Type: Online Focus Group
Revenue Cycle Specialist,
Revenue Cycle Specialist