Washington Pulse – Debrief from the Nation’s Capital: Meaningful Use, Cybersecurity and What’s Next in Health IT Public Policy
While 2016 has already proven to be a big year for health IT policy, policymakers have indicated more action is to come:
- New physician payment systems are moving from proposal to reality – what are the health IT ramifications?
- Ransomware, breaches and medical device security have the attention of Congress and the Administration alike –
understand proposals and key players in the cybersecurity conversation.
- Meaningful Use changes have been proposed – what do lawmakers think of the program and what might the program
look like in 2017?
- Concerns about interoperability still dominate Congressional agendas in the House and Senate – what legislation is in
play? What initiatives are underway at ONC?
Bring your notepads and come armed with questions for CHIME’s debrief from the nation’s Capitol. Join CHIME’s Vice President for Congressional Affairs Leslie Krigstein and Vice President for Federal Affairs Mari Savickis for a look ahead to the issues that will be driving Washington for the remainder of 2016.
- Discuss updates on trending health IT policies in Congress and the Administration;
- Learn which policy priorities CHIME will be following in 2016; and
- Discover opportunities to join CHIME’s Public Policy initiatives.
Start Date: 08/09/2016
Event Type: Archived , Foundation , Foundation Online Events
Leslie Krigstein, Vice President for Congressional Affairs, CHIME
Mari Savickis,Vice President for Federal Affairs, CHIME