September 23-24, 2021 | Chicago, IL
The CHIME Innovation Summit is an annual event exclusively for leaders in the digital health ecosystem. The Summit is limited to healthcare executives and a small number of senior level vendor-partner executives.
- This year’s focus is on sustaining innovation post-covid and engaging with innovative partners. It is by leaders, for leaders of the digital health ecosystem.
- Many HIT executives are being asked to take on innovation within their organization, others are finding themselves working with newly minted innovation executives. CHIME Innovation Summit brings thought leaders together that are developing best practices and building bridges between the traditional CIO role and the innovation and digital executives to multiply their combined effectiveness.
- Given the nature of this topic, the CHIME Innovation Summit has been designed as a collaborative conversation with some of healthcare’s most innovative leaders.
- Aaron Miri, Chief Information Officer, The University of Texas at Austin, Dell Medical School & UT Health Austin
- Stephanie Lahr, Chief Information Officer and Chief Medical Information Officer, Monument Health
- Jeri Koester, Chief Information Officer, Marshfield Clinic Health System
- Chero Goswami, System Vice President, Chief Information Officer, UW Health
- Cletis Earle, Senior Vice President, Chief Information Officer, Penn State Health
- Theresa Meadows, Senior Vice President, Chief Information Officer, Cook Children’s Hospital
- Shafiq Rab, Chief Digital Officer and Chief Information Officer, Wellforce
- Sarah Richardson, Senior Vice President, Chief Information Officer, Trivity Health
- Ryan Smith, Chief Information Officer, Intermountain Healthcare
- Jeff Sturman, Senior Vice President, Chief Information Officer, Memorial Healthcare System
- Lisa Dykstra, Senior Vice President, Chief Information Officer, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
- Jonathan Fritz, Chief Innovation Officer, CHIME (Steering Committee Chair)
- Series of Whitepapers & Thought Leadership Pieces
- Member stories to be shared with CHIME community
- CHIME Media content pieces highlighting summit discussions
What is a Fishbowl?
The “fishbowl” is a method to organize presentations and group discussions that offers collaboration and a spontaneous, conversational approach to discussing topics. This is accomplished by arranging the room with speakers seated towards the center of the room and Summit registrants arranged in a circle or half circle watching the conversation “in the fishbowl.”
The Innovation Summit ‘Fishbowl Panels’ will include a Moderator to guide the conversation, 3-4 pre-arranged thought leaders, and 1-2 open seats available for anyone in the audience to enter the fishbowl and actively participate in the conversation. All registrants will have equal opportunity to participate in these critically important topics to our industry. Please join us!
Schedule at a Glance
Wednesday, September 22 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Informal Pre-Summit Welcome Reception Thursday, September 23 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Breakfast and Registration 10:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. Welcome Remarks & Intros 10:15 a.m. – 11:15 p.m. Moderated Discussion: Digital Health VC 11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Fishbowl Panel Discussion:
Post-COVID: Sustaining Innovation
12:15 p.m. – 1:15 p.m. Networking Lunch 1:15 p.m. – 2:15 p.m. Fishbowl Panel Discussion:
Evolving Roles: Digital Health is Healthcare
2:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.Investing and Startup Boards – Mark Probst CIO of the Year 3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. A Clinical Leader’s Perspective on Innovation – Lyle Berkowitz 3:45 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. CHIME Member Stories Open Mic 4:45 p.m. – 6:45 p.m. Reception 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Dinner Friday, September 24 8:00 a.m. – 8:45 a.m. Networking Breakfast 8:45 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. Welcome Remarks 9:00 a.m. – 9:45 a.m. Innovation Beyond the Edge with Q&A – Ryan Smith 9:45 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. Fishbowl Panel Discussion:
Providers Partnering with VCs and Startups
11:00 a.m. – 12::00 p.m. Fishbowl Panel Discussion:
Problem Solving through Co-Creation
12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m. Bringing it All Together 12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Networking Lunch (optional)/Adjourn
Physician, Healthcare Innovation Expert
Sr. VP & CIO, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
VP, IT, Innovation and Insights, Medtronic
Partner, 7wire Ventures
CIO, Marshfield Clinic Health System
Stephanie Lahr, MD, CHCIO
CIO & CMIO, Monument Health
Theresa Meadows, FCHIME, CHCIO
SVP and CIO, Cook Children’s
Aaron Miri, MBA, CHCIO, FHIMSS
CIO, University of Texas
Advisor MF Probst Strategic Advisory
CDO & CIO, Wellforce
VP and CIO, Intermountain Healthcare
SVP & CIO, Memorial Healthcare System
Registration fees and payment:
The registration fee for this event is $595. Space in this program is limited to a maximum of 50 participants. The registration fee includes all program materials as well as all networking events.
Only CHIME Provider members are eligible to attend.
CHIME Announces Worry-free Registration
We understand that developments related to COVID-19 may require more flexibility in your plans to attend an in-person event, so we have updated our cancellation policy.
You can cancel your registration for any on-location CHIME program at any time, for any reason, right up to the day before the meeting. We will issue you a credit for a future CHIME offering or a full refund of your registration fee. No questions asked.
Please note that this modified cancellation policy is subject to change, so book now to secure your worry-free registration. For cancellations, please contact Susan Aldrich at [email protected].
Hotel Reservations and Location Information
The September 2021 CHIME Innovation Summit will be held in Chicago at the Convene Building located at 333 North Green Street in the Fulton Market District.
A block of rooms has been reserved for the attendees of this program at the Hoxton Hotel, which is a short walking distance to Convene.
The Hoxton Hotel
200 North Green Street
Chicago, IL 60607
Phone: (312) 761-1700
To secure the discounted room rate of $179 (single/double) per night, you may book your hotel reservations here.
Enter the group access code: Log in for your group access code.
Or telephone the hotel reservations department at 312-761-1700 to make your reservation. Currently additional charges include room tax of 17.5%.
The reservation cut-off is August 30, 2021. Reservations received after the cut-off will be on a space-available basis only. Rooms fill QUICKLY be sure to make your reservations EARLY!
Cancellation: Should you need to cancel your reservation, you must do so no later than the 72-hours prior to the date of your arrival to avoid a penalty.
CHIME Public Health and Safety COVID-19 Guidelines
The safety of our members and the public is of utmost importance to us. CHIME will follow the highest standards to protect public health at all times.
We are continuously monitoring evolving circumstances related to COVID-19 to ensure that we implement the most reliable health protocols for safety in both small and large in-person gatherings. CHIME will consider the latest recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and maintain active communications about public health protocol with appropriate local authorities and points of contact at each event site.
We look forward to welcoming everyone to each of our upcoming education events as we all follow best practices for maximum safety and a rewarding experience.
CHIME Innovation Summit Site-Specific Vaccination Policy*
Our event site, Convene, requires the following vaccination protocols for the benefit of all event attendees at their facilities:
What is the vaccine policy at Convene?
Convene’s goal is to create premium, safe spaces where people can work and meet comfortably and with peace of mind. In line with Convene’s commitment to protect the health and wellbeing of employees, customers, and guests, and in light of the rapidly spreading Delta variant of COVID-19, Convene is requiring that everyone onsite at our locations show proof of vaccination to prevent further spread of the virus in our communities.
What do I need to bring to show proof of vaccination?
As part of the event check-in process, Convene will check for vaccine status at entry. Guests should plan to bring a photo ID and at least one of the following forms of proof:
- State/city digital vaccine pass (ex: New York Excelsior pass);
- A photo of your Center for Disease Control vaccine card;
- Or the hard copy of your Center for Disease Control vaccine card.
- International attendees can bring a photo or hard copy of an official vaccination record of a COVID-19 vaccine administered outside the United States, including AstraZeneca/SK Bioscience, Serum Institute of India/COVISHIELD, Vaxzevria, Sinopharm, or Sinovac.
Event guests must show proof of vaccination of at least one shot in order to enter.
Can I take a PCR or rapid test instead to attend this event?
At this time, Convene is requiring that everyone onsite show proof of vaccination status and is not accepting tests as a substitute for proof of vaccination.
* Additional health protocols will be updated as confirmed.
Innovation Summit Worry-free Registration
We understand that developments related to COVID-19 may require more flexibility in your plans to attend an in-person event. In recognition of this challenge, CHIME has updated our event registration cancellation policies.
You may cancel your registration for any 2021 on-site CHIME event at any time, for any reason, right up to the day before the meeting. We will issue you a credit for a future CHIME offering or provide you a full refund of your registration fee.
Please note that this modified cancellation policy is subject to change, so book now to secure your worry-free registration. The worry-free registration/cancellation policy does not cover hotel reservations. Please be mindful of the event-specific hotel’s cancellation dates and policies.
Thank you to our event sponsors and their support for the Digital Health innovation and leadership.