The College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) Board of Trustees established the Fellow program to honor and recognize CHIME members who have actively participated in the organization and who have made significant contributions to the healthcare IT field as a CIO.
Advancement to Fellow is an award and recognition for service and contribution to the organization, not just an acknowledgment of the length of membership in CHIME. The CHIME Board of Trustees is pleased to offer advancement to Fellow for those members who have been long standing contributors to the success of CHIME.
Members wishing to apply should contact CHIME to begin the application process. CHIME staff will complete a membership audit to determine if all criteria for advancement to Fellow are met. If the criteria are met, the application will be submitted to the Board for approval. In the event that all prerequisites are not met, members will receive the audit with recommendations on ways to fulfill outstanding criteria.
Applications for advancement to Fellow will be accepted year round.
After all applications are reviewed, the candidate will be notified of their Fellow status by the CHIME staff and shall also be sent an official letter of acknowledgement cosigned by both the President and the Chair of CHIME. Any issues should be directed to the CHIME staff, who will then work with the Board Member who oversees Membership to resolve any problems.
Fellow status in CHIME shall be designated by the letters FCHIME. Once awarded with Fellow status, the member may list FCHIME after his or her name.
All members achieving Fellow status will be featured in the CHIME’s newsletter and/or other printed materials. In addition, each member will receive a Fellow award at the Fall Forum proceeding .
CHIME Fellow Criteria
Applicants must have been a member of CHIME for no less than 6 years and must be a member in good standing.
Participation in CHIME
Applicants must have attended five or more CIO Forums (Spring or Fall) in the past five years.
Applicants must have participated in one of the following roles:
- As a member of the CHIME Board of Trustees
- As a chair of a CHIME committee or work group
- As a faculty member of the CIO Boot Camp (minimum of 4 programs)
Participated in three of the following roles:
- As a member of the Awards Committee
- As a member of the Certification Committee
- As a member of the Scholarship Committee
- As a member of the Public Policy Committee
- As a member of the Fall Forum Track Session Selection Sub-committee
- As the member-at-large on the Election Committee
- As a member of the Education Committee
- As a member of the Membership Committee
- As a member a State Ambassador
- Serve as a CHIME Mentor
Applicants must have completed one of the following things:
- Completed ten or more online Member-to-Member surveys
- Contributed to the Knowledge hub ten or more documents in three different categories
- Applicants must have completed their Member profile.
Applicants must have completed a cumulative 30 hours of participation consisting of one or more of the following offerings
- The Healthcare CIO Boot Camp (30 hours)
- College LIVE online presentations (live sessions, not archives)- (1 hour each)
- A LEAD Forum (7.5 hours each)
- Fall Forum Track sessions (1.5 hours each)
- Applicants must hold the CHCIO designation
Applicants must have completed one or more of the following:
- The Healthcare CIO Boot Camp
- Ten College LIVE online presentations (live sessions, not archives)
- Five pre-forum workshops or track sessions in the past six years
- The complete IME Series of Courses
Applicants must have participated in ten CHIME Foundation focus groups in the past six years.
Applicants must have completed one of the following since joining CHIME:
- Written and published two or more articles in healthcare and/or IT industry publications.
- Given two presentation at a CIO Forum, a Healthcare CIO Boot Camp, or a College LIVE session
- Or have done a combination of both (written and published one article AND Given a presentation at an acceptable event)
Applicants must provide three letters of recommendation provided to CHIME with their application for Fellow, as follows:
- One letter must be written by the member’s immediate supervisor
- Two must be written by a current Fellow of CHIME
The letters of recommendation should illustrate the service and contributions the applicant has given to CHIME and/or how the applicant has made significant contributions to the healthcare IS field as a CIO.