Here’s a Sampler of Captivating Events at CHIME18
Candace Stuart – Director, Communications & Public Relations
It is nearly impossible to whittle the list of things to do at the 2018 CHIME Fall CIO Forum to just 10, but here’s a start. And truth be told, we have grouped a few events into one because they are all so good we couldn’t choose. The forum runs Oct. 30-Nov. 2 in San Diego.
- 7-9 p.m. Oct. 3O: Meet friends and make new acquaintances on the USS Midway during the welcome reception and dinner.
- 7-7:45 a.m. Oct 31 and Nov. 1: Even if you are not an early riser, these sessions will give you a good morning jolt. Get a preview of the trends in an analysis of CHIME’s Most Wired survey and an up-to-date roundup of federal public policy initiatives that impact the healthcare IT industry.
- 8-9 a.m. Oct. 31, Nov. 1 and Nov. 2: Be educated and energized by the three dynamic keynote speakers: author Daniel Pink, “Bloomberg Technology” host Emily Chang and CNN medical correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta.
- 2:45-3:30 p.m. Oct. 31: Hear how one health system applied an evidence-based approach to improve providers’ experience and efficiency (track session D).
- 4-4:45 p.m. Oct. 31: Learn how analytics, informatics and technology can be an integral tool to advance a health organization’s market position and move the needle on care cost, quality, outcomes and experience (track session A).
- 5-6 p.m. Oct. 31: Get a glimpse of the future at Leadership from the Edge as CIOs share insights and experiences that define the next wave of leadership.
- 4-4:45 p.m. Nov. 1: Artificial intelligence is alive and well. Learn how one medical center adopted artificial intelligence-powered virtual assistant solutions as a first step toward ambient clinical intelligence (track session C).
- 4-4:45 p.m. Nov. 1: In an era of patient-centered care, discover how to meet the needs of the patient as customer (track session B).
- 6-10 p.m. Nov. 1: Unwind at the closing reception and stick around for a high-energy concert by the Emerald City Band.
- 8-9 a.m. Nov. 2: It is the most anticipated event of the forum: CHIME will announce the recipients of the 2018 Healthcare’s Most Wired title at a breakfast and recognition ceremony.
These are some of the many educational and networking events scheduled for CHIME18. You can see the full agenda here.