Now Accepting Proposals for 2020 CHIME Fall Forum
By Christopher Hargrett, Education Coordinator
The call for proposals has begun! Eligible CHIME provider members, individually or in teams, as well as CHIME members who collaborate with Foundation partners, may begin submitting proposals for Leadership from the Edge (LFTE) and track sessions for the CHIME20 Fall Forum. This year’s forum will take place Nov. 9-12 in San Antonio, Texas.
The Fall Forum, historically the largest annual event by CHIME, provides multiple educational presentations taught by members. The majority of these presentations are proposals submitted by members and approved by a subcommittee of their peers. CHIME members have the opportunity to share their knowledge, insight and expertise with more than 800 digital healthcare executives during the forum program.
Leadership from the Edge Proposals
LFTE is designed to look toward the future of healthcare and create an innovative vision for leadership to achieve new successes. LFTE will consist of three 20-minute presentations, similar to TED Talks, that offer compelling and innovative views into the future of healthcare and the role of the HIT leader. The selected speakers present to all forum attendees, without agenda competition.
LFTE sessions are reviewed and selected by a subcommittee of the Fall Forum Planning Committee. The subcommittee will look for:
- A developed idea with a view toward what lies ahead, the possibilities and potential and how the future state may look.
- Topics that leave the audience feeling inspired about their work and their leadership in a new and different way.
- Presentations that focus on the ways in which healthcare delivery and leadership may change because of new, disruptive organizational approaches and technologies.
- Presenters who tell a compelling story that challenges assumptions, delivers new concepts and ideas.
- And much more.
Visit the CHIME20 Call for Leadership from the Edge Proposals on the CHIME website for more information and submission requirements.
Track Session Proposals
CHIME members and Foundation partners may have the opportunity to share knowledge, insight and expertise with their peers. Selected presentations will be featured across multiple tracks during the CHIME20 Fall Forum program.
The Track Session Subcommittee of the Fall Forum Planning Committee will have the responsibility of reviewing the track session proposals and are looking the best educational proposals to be featured at the forum. Each completed and eligible proposal is carefully reviewed and evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Completion of ALL submission requirements
- Clearly stated and concise proposal description and learning objectives
- Proposal content addresses title
- Proposal content is current and provides valued information
- Content and concepts are practical and innovative
- Presentation design is creative and supports audience interaction
- The proposal includes one or more CHIME provider executives
- And ask the question: Would you attend this session?
Proposals must emphasize conveying the solution process rather than the solution itself.
Things will be done differently this year for submitting proposals, in that members are no longer required to select a specific track category for a presentation. CHIME is looking for the best educational proposals to be featured during track sessions; they can be based on a variety of topics, including strategy and leadership, business and care transformation, emerging technologies, cybersecurity, diversity and much more.
The deadline to submit all proposals is Friday, Jun. 26, at 11:59 p.m. ET. Don’t delay; start developing your proposal today!