Inside CHIME: National Patient ID Challenge Draws Global Interest, Judges Announced
|4.27.16 by Matthew Weinstock
Director of Communications and Public Relations, CHIME
More than 340 innovators have set their sights on helping CHIME find a solution that will ensure private, accurate and safe patient identification.
CHIME’s bold initiative to solve the problem of inaccurate patient identification has sparked interest from across the globe. To date, 345 innovators from 39 countries have registered for the CHIME Healthcare Innovation Trust’s National Patient ID Challenge. Impressively, 113 of those competitors entered the Concept Blitz round, which closed yesterday. The Concept Blitz round allows innovators to get feedback from an expert panel of judges before moving onto the next round. CHIME on June 1 will name up to three winners from the Concept Blitz round, each receiving a $30,000 prize. Innovators were not required to enter this phase in order to be considered for the ultimate $1 million prize, which will be awarded in February 2017.
Here’s the remaining timeline for the NPID Challenge:
- June 1: Final innovation round opens
- July 12: Registration deadline for final innovation round
- November 10: Final submissions due
- February 2017: Grand prize winner announced
CHIME is also excited to announce the expert panel of judges who will ultimately determine the winning solution:
- Andy Gettinger, M.D., chief medical information officer, Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology
- Lynne Thomas Gordon, CEO, American Health Information Management Association
- S. Army Col. Nicole Kerkenbush, deputy program executive officer, Defense Healthcare Management System,
Depart of Defense
- Lorraine Possanza, DPM, JD, MBE, director, patient safety, risk and quality , ECRI Institute
- Rulon Stacey, managing director, Navigant Leadership Institute; board member, Malcolm Baldrige National Quality
Board of Overseers
Click here to check in on the NPID Challenge and see a list of registered innovators (about half way down on the right hand side of the page).