As the nation is gripped with the opioid epidemic, CHIME has launched a new task force to address this epidemic that has caused over 42,000 opioid related drug overdoses in 2016. As an organization representing and bringing together our nation’s healthcare information technology leaders, we are in a position to make an immense impact on our fellow Americans’ lives by using technology to bend the curve of opioid addiction. As we continue to move forward with our new initiative, we look to work with both public entities and private organizations to end this crisis.
CHIME Top Recommendations to Policymakers
- Leverage the use of technology, existing infrastructure and data to better inform care delivery in treating patients with opioid addiction.
Letters to the Administration
- CHIME Stakeholder Comment Letter to HHS, OCR, & SAMHSA on 42 CFR Part 2 Proposed Rule (Jan. 2023)
- X-Waiver Sign-On Letter to Congressional Leadership (July 2021)
- CHIME Letter to Secretary Becerra on X-Waiver (April 2021)
- CHIME Response to CMS Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substances; Request for Information (RFI) (Oct. 2020)
Congressional Letters & Testimony
- Sign on Letter to Congressional Leaders Supporting The Mainstreaming Addiction Treatment Act (December 2022)
- Sign on Letter to E&C Leadership re: The Mainstreaming Addiction Treatment Act (H.R.1384/S.445) (May 2022)
- Sign on Letter to Congressional Leaders re: The Mainstreaming Addiction Treatment Act (H.R. 1384 / S. 445) (May 2021)
- CHIME letter of Support to Senators Manchin and Capito on Jessie’s Law (Mar 2020)