Deadline: Jan 25, 2019
Eligibility: Current CHIME members and their direct reports, or members of AEHIS, AEHIA or AEHIT
Award: $5,000 toward full tuition fee for attendance at the CHIME Healthcare CIO Boot Camp™ program
The primary objective of the scholarship is to enable attendees to move ahead in their profession and, in particular, to help them develop their skills so they can become increasingly successful in a leadership role.
The scholarships will be awarded in the amount of the full tuition fee for attendance at the Boot Camp.
Scholarships must be used for the program session that the candidate applied for.
CHIME Education Foundation
Total Scholarship Opportunities
In addition to completing the scholarship application form, applicants must meet the following criteria and submit the materials described below:
- Must meet one of the following requirements: 1) Be a CHIME member or an AEHIS, AEHIA or AEHIT member, or 2) Report to a CHIME member. Non-CIO applicants must provide a letter of recommendation from their current CIO or the CHIME member to whom they report
- Must demonstrate a marked desire to improve their leadership skills
1. Essay: Scholarship candidates must demonstrate their interest by submitting an essay. The essay should be
no longer than 1,000 words.
PART A: This part of the essay should address the candidate’s vision and goals as a healthcare IT leader and how they have demonstrated leadership in their organization.
PART B: This part of the essay should address how this scholarship and attendance at the Boot Camp will enhance the candidate’s ability to improve their healthcare IT leadership skills and enhance their current position as a CIO. Also in this section of the essay, if the candidate’s organization has limited resources for funding staff development, please include an explanation of those issues and how the scholarship could help them achieve their staff development goals.
2. Letter of recommendation: If the candidate is not a CIO, they must submit a letter of recommendation
from their current CIO or the CHIME member to whom they report. The letter should support their
attendance at the Boot Camp and explain why their participation would be beneficial to the candidate
and their organization.)
3. Resume: Scholarship candidates should provide a current resume highlighting their experience
and/or achievements in the healthcare IT field.