Deadline: July 21, 2023
Eligibility: Current CHIME, AEHIS, AEHIT or AEHIA Members or Member colleagues with 3 years of healthcare IT leadership.
Award: Full tuition fee for attendance to the Spring 2023 CHIME Healthcare CIO Boot Camp program on July 26–29, 2023 in Salt Lake City, UT or November 9-12 in Phoenix, AZ.
The primary objective of the scholarship is to enable attendees to move ahead in their profession and, in particular, to help them develop their skills so they can become increasingly successful in a leadership role.
Scholarships must be used for the program session that the candidate applied for.
In addition to completing the scholarship application form, applicants must meet the following criteria and submit the materials described below:
- Must meet one of the following requirements: 1) Be a CHIME member or an AEHIS, AEHIA or AEHIT member, or 2) Report up to a CHIME member. Non-CIO applicants must provide a letter of recommendation from their current CIO or the CHIME member to whom they report
- And 3 years of healthcare IT leadership
- Must demonstrate a marked desire to improve their leadership skills
- Essay: Candidates must demonstrate their interest by submitting an essay. The essay should be between 250 -500 words. Candidates should identify the top three issues/challenges that he/she believes CIOs/Digital Health Executives will face in the future and how they might address them if applicable.
- Upload Letter of Recommendation: If the candidate is not a CHIME Member, they must submit a letter or recommendation the letter must come from the CHIME Member to whom they report. (The letter should support the applicant’s attendance at the event and explain why their participation would be beneficial to the candidate and their organization. The letter should also support the fact that applicant is either on a CIO career path, or if they are a CIO, that attendance at the event is important to their professional development. Any issues relating to financial need should also be explained.)
- Resume: Scholarship candidates should provide a current resume highlighting achievements of exhibited leadership or leadership potential in the field of healthcare IT.